You Have Exactly What it Takes
to be a successful leader
I’m Ashley, your leadership mentor.
It takes more than technical know-how and a team of A-Players to make a great leader.
Business has been great. In fact, better than you could have imagined. Although it hasn’t been easy, you’ve grown a successful business with a great reputation. Things were going pretty smoothly, until…
You started adding employees into the mix and things got, well…complicated.
Leading a team has been the hardest part of growing your business and you weren’t prepared for that.
On the good days, you feel like you’re finally figuring this whole leadership thing out. – “I think my team actually likes me (today)!” And on the worst days, you feel like shutting the doors – or at least firing your whole team and going solo again.
But you know that isn’t really an option.
You have big dreams. Big goals. And you want to make a big impact in this world.
You’ve read the books. Listened to the podcasts. Watched the TED talks.
You try something for a while, but nothing ever seems to stick. It just doesn’t feel like…you.
I believe in leading like yourself.
Why would you want to be anyone else?
As a leader myself, I learned this the hard way. One of my greatest strengths is empathy. But over the years, mentors and leaders told me empathy was a weakness and my team wouldn’t respect me if I was “too soft.”
So I hardened my exterior, stuffed down my empathy, and tried to be someone I wasn’t.
When I stopped trying to be someone I wasn’t and start leading in my own unique way, everything changed for the better.
What was once hard, felt easy. My team cared more. They became more engaged and creative. They got more done in less time. And it felt really good going to work every day.
Over the years, those employees have gone on to do bigger and better things. They still reach out to celebrate successes and get advice.
I’m on a mission to help other women experience this same kind of impactful leadership.
Hi there, I’m Ashley…it’s nice to meet you.
I’m a leadership mentor for female founders, an author, speaker, and workshop host. I believe that leadership is about building relationships, nurturing those we spend our days with, and creating an environment where everyone is able to do and be their very best – including ourselves.
- If you’re not having fun, you’re not doing something right!
- Women are more capable than they give themselves credit for.
- Giving back and being an active member of the community is important.
- Self-awareness is the key to personal growth and development.
- A win for one of us is a win for all of us.
- My husband, Mike, is my best friend, adventure partner, and biggest supporter
- I’m a dog momma to Myla, our border-collie hound mix rescue (she makes frequent appearances!)
- I currently live in East Tennessee, but home is Southern West Virginia
- Y’all is a proper noun around here, even my phone autocorrects “tall” to “y’all” – haha!
- I’m an avid photographer (I even had a photography business for a while!) and especially love nature, night, and architectural photography
- I’m equally comfortable navigating a roomful of strangers as I am having a deep 1:1 conversation
- I’m a huge advocate for the community and serve on two Boards of Directors: YWCA of Southwest VA & Northeast TN and Dare 2 Be You Recovery
- I’ve been featured online 35+ times.
- Brit + Co.
- The Indie Show
- Liz on Biz
- Work Your Inner Wisdom
- CEO Blog Nation
- The Lawyerist
- Can I Take You to Coffee?